Tisha R. Black
Tisha Black, a native Las Vegan, is a Real Estate and Corporate lawyer licensed to practice in the State of Nevada since 1996. She is a founding partner of the law firm of Black & LoBello.
Ms. Black practices primarily in the areas of complex corporate and real estate transactions. Her focus includes finance, corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, real property purchases and sales, real property entitlement, development and construction, finance and foreclosure. She has worked on various legislative committees and working group that have been instrumental in changes to laws and regulations impacting real estate both commercial and residential, foreclosures, and real estate agents.
Ms. Black has been active in the state of Nevada Medical Marijuana Program. She has participated in the legislative process related to MME, as well as participated in working groups during the crafting of the MME Regulations. Ms. Black filed applications with the state of Nevada for Dispensaries, Cultivation and Production. Each of her applications resulted in provisional certification for her clients. She is presently working with a number of MME clients (in each class of certification) regarding structure, establishment, financing, compliance and ongoing operations. She is also working with stake-holders and state authorities in the 2015 Nevada Legislative session to make necessary changes to the statutory scheme, establish good practices, define standards and refine existing protocols. She represents, and assisted in the establishment, of several trade associations related to MME including the Nevada Dispensary Association.
Ms. Black has taught seminars in the areas of premises liability, risk management, landlord/tenant law, property entitlements and encumbrances, commercial instruments and securitization, foreclosure, deficiency actions in real property and Commercial lending, ethics and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. She is also an instructor with GLVAR and is an approved instructor for several courses with the Nevada Division of Real Estate.
Ms. Black is a mediator with the Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program and has published articles in Broker Agent Magazine, CCIM Perspectives, Tax Matters and various trade journals. She has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Huffington Post, Las Vegas Sun and Las Vegas Review Journal and was a contributor to Nevada’s CBS affiliate KLAS for their Peabody award winning series Desert Under Water.
Ms. Black served two years on the Spring Valley Town Board, as a Director of St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, and United Citizen’s Fund. She continues to serve on several advisory panels as well as community boards including UNLV’s Lied Institute of Real Estate Studies as the education chair. She has been selected as a Rising Star in Mountain State’s Lawyers and is consistently recognized for her real estate expertise in state and local publications.
- High Ethical Standing – Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Top 10 Prominent Real Estate Attorneys—Las Vegas Business Press
- “Legal Elite” Southern Nevada’s Top Attorneys – Nevada Business Magazine
- Certificate of Appreciation—University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Top Lawyer–Business—Vegas, Inc.
- Top Lawyer–Real Estate & Foreclosure—Vegas, Inc.
- Attorney of the Month—July Issue Las Vegas Lawyer Magazine
- Rising Star—Mountain States Attorneys
- Member Southern Nevada Home Builders Association—2013-Present
- Speaker Eagle University—2013-Present
- Board Member LIED Institute (UNLV)—2010-Present
- Board Member United States Supreme Court Historical Society—2009-Present
- Faculty Member National Business Institute—2008-Present
- Faculty Member American Trial Lawyers Association—1995-Present