Jesse A. Wadhams, Esq.
Jesse A. Wadhams is a Partner at Black & LoBello.
Jesse represents clients before Nevada state agencies including the Division of Insurance, the Department of Health, the Division of Minerals, the Division of Environmental Protection, the Gaming Control Board, and the Taxation Commission. He also represents clients before all levels of Nevada government from city councils to the Legislature on administrative, licensing, regulatory and policy matters. Jesse has served as an expert witness for the Nevada Department of Taxation on liquor licensing and distribution. Additionally, in his role as a lobbyist and political consultant, he develops legislative priorities and political strategies for clients relative to legislative issues.
Jesse was also the Director of Regional Government Relations for Newmont Mining Corporation where he developed and executed legislative policy and regulatory strategies. He also served as Deputy Attorney General for the Nevada Department of Justice and as Technology Policy Counsel to the U.S. Senate High Tech Task Force for the Office of Majority Leader Senator Bill Frist.
Outside of work, Jesse is the proud parent of twin boys. He enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, camping, fishing, and rooting for the Minnesota Twins.
- Government Affairs
- Business and Finance
- Health Care Litigation and Regulation
- Mining Law and Public Lands
- Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental
- Administrative and Regulatory
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Nevada Volunteers, Board of Commissioners, Treasurer – Gubernatorial Appointment
- Life and Health Insurance Advisory Committee – Nevada Commissioner of Insurance Appointment
- Property and Casualty Insurance Advisory Committee – Nevada Commissioner of Insurance Appointment
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, Administrative / Regulatory Law, 2019
- “Legal Elite,” Nevada Business Magazine, 2016-2018
- Northern Nevada Top 75 Attorney, Nevada Business Magazine, June 2012
- Freshman Lobbyist of the Year, Nevada Legislative Session, 2007