Clark County District Court:
Las Vegas Justice Court (Beginning or by March 19):
- Any persons arrested on a misdemeanor bench warrant, other than a bench warrant for battery constituting domestic violence or DUI or arrest on a civil bench warrant, shall be released on his/her own recognizance and given a return court date not sooner than 60 days.
- All criminal in-custody hearings (with the exception of in-custody preliminary hearings & in-custody trials) will be via video conferencing.
- Criminal out-of-custody hearings (with the exception of preliminary hearings) will be continued for 60 days.
- Out-of-custody preliminary hearings to be continued for 60 days based on the department’s calendar.
- Individuals should contact their attorney for new court dates.
- All traffic pretrial matters suspended for 60 days.
- See full details on suspended court activities.
North Las Vegas Justice Court:
- Court hearings will be conducted by video or telephone or rescheduled.
- Small claims trials, motion hearings, etc. will be suspended to future dates.
- Jury trials, civil and criminal, will be rescheduled.
- Evictions proceedings will be suspended and/or stayed.
- Individuals arrested in criminal offense cases may be released on own recognizance or given out-of-custody court dates 60 days from present time if bail is remitted.
- See full details on civil and criminal proceedings and hearings.
During this Stay Home 4 Nevada period, the Governor is encouraging other services, including but not limited to legal, business and management consulting, professional services and insurance services to have employees work remotely. Black & LoBello will remain “on-call” 24/7 to answer your emergency legal concerns at no charge. We know you are concerned but we are here for you.
Remember, this too shall pass. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy and be NEVADA STRONG!
*Please note that the Coronavirus has caused information to change rapidly. While we are making every effort to keep this page updated for informational purposes, it is in no way to be construed as legal advice. Please speak to an attorney if you need information related to your unique case, please contact us directly.*